This 90-minute panel discussion cuts through the hype about autonomous vehicles. It offers a fast-paced clarification of what self-driving vehicles are, what they can (and can't) do and when we can expect them to become available to the public.
The invitational symposium was held in January 2016 during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The panelists include:
• John Capp, director of global safety and vehicle programs, General Motors
• Jennifer Dukarski, engineer and attorney, Butzel Long
• Kevin Kerrigan, senior automotive advisor, State of Michigan
• David McShane, vice president of business development, Ricardo
• Jeff Schuster, senior vice president of forecasting, LMC Automotive
• Andrew Smart, head of industry relations and society programs, SAE International
Generation Selfie (driving) is presented by AutoBeat Daily and the Advanced Mobility Project in association with Automotive Design & Production and Gardner Business Media, Inc.
Sponsors of this event include:
• the law firm of Butzel Long
• enterprise software provider Infor
• auto market data and forecasting provider LMC Automotive
• global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy Ricardo
• global engineering association SAE International